Brumby House architectural drawings

Brumby House architectural drawings

Descriptive Summary

Title: Brumby House architectural drawings
Creator: Unknown
Creator: Warren, Mary Bondurant
Inclusive Dates: 1971
Language: English
Extent: 0.1 Linear Feet 1 oversized folder
Collection Number: ms2527
Repository: Hargrett Library

Collection Description

Historical Note

Alonzo Church, professor and president of the University of Georgia, had the Federal Style house build after arriving in Athens in 1819. Dr. Moses Waddel occupied the house during his nine-year presidency of the University. The Brumby sisters were the house's last private owners. The Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation, Inc., was created in order to save the house by moving it to its new location on Dougherty Street. The building currently serves as a welcome center and house museum. The Church-Waddel-Brumby House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is locally designated as a Historic Landmark.--"Church-Waddel-Brumby House" from the Carl Vinson Institute of Government web site, http://www.cviog.uga.edu/Projects/athens/CHURCHBR.htm

Scope and Content

The collection consists of the nine architectural drawings used for the restoration of the Brumby House.


Administrative Information

Preferred Citation

Brumby House architectural drawings, ms2527, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift of Mary Bondurant Warren.


Related Materials and Subjects

Subject Terms


Series Descriptions and Folder Listing

 
oversized_folder
1BArchitectural restoration plans (9), 1971

Special Collections Libraries
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602-1641